We are a leading international manufacturer of moisture cure polyurea (MCU) marine and protective coatings, designed to protect steel, concrete, aluminium, stainless steel and iron from corrosion.
With a history of 30 years, MCU-Coatings is one of the fastest growing moisture cure polyurea (MCU) coating technologies worldwide.
MCU-Coatings stands out amongst competitors. Thanks to its extreme surface tolerance, non-climate restrictions, as well as its physical properties, MCU-Coatingshas a life-cycle of up to three times longer, compared to an epoxy/polyurethane system.
What's more, MCU-Coatings' technology is extremely flexible, as well as resistant to chemicals, corrosion, abrasion and impact. A three-layer coatings system can be applied in just one day. Simultaneously, MCU-Coatings eliminates almost all crucial key elements that cause 'premature failures' in coating.
Since MCU-Coatings only requires three to four different one-component products, and one thinner to protect the entire offshore or any structure, it is easy to stock and apply with few potential errors.
Modern paint technology can make the difference.
Technological advantages of MCU-Coatings
- Compared to traditional two-component PU/acrylic coatings, which only contain 20 - 30% pure PU resin, MCU-Coatings is based on 100% pure polyurethane resin
- It can be applied at high humidity (up to 99% RH)
- No dew point restriction on visible dry surfaces (day and night application possible)
- Application in cold weather down to minus -15°C and steel temperature up to 70°C
- Superior impact and abrasion-resistance
- Excellent long-life flexibility, resisting structural flex
- Excellent adhesion to various substrates
- Proves faster project completion time at lower implementation cost on any project that has to deal with climatic weather restrictions
- High-heat (HH) coatings up to +650°C
Click on our products and services tab to learn about the industries we serve, and what MCU-Coatings can offer you.